SMART Repairers Insurance & Mobile PDR Technicians Insurance
CALL US ON: 0330 058 0262
Chipsmart, the insurance policy specially designed for SMART Repairers and PDR Technicians. The solution to obtaining all of your business insurance needs on one policy.
Traditionally trades such as SMART Repairers and PDR Technicians have had to purchase various insurance policies to ensure they are protected, unfortunately these can be limited in their cover and haven’t really dovetailed. Chipsmart is a product specially created for mobile repairers which does away with the need to have multiple policies.
Not only does the policy remove the need for multiple policies, it goes one step further and adds in special covers required by mobile smart repairers and PDR technicians.
Why Chipsmart Insurance
ROAD RISKS INSURANCE
- Your customers vehicles fully covered, no awkward indemnity limits *
- Vehicles fully covered at your own home or customers premises
- Choose the drivers you need for your business
- Social Domestic & Pleasure option
- Own vehicles fully covered at home
LIABILITY INSURANCE COVER
- £5million Public Liability Insurance covered as standard
- Damage to items being worked up on. Not a standard cover on most liability insurance policies **
INSIDE YOUR VEHICLE
- Tools and Machinery in your vehicle including overnight *
- Awnings covered whilst attached to the vehicle
** Subject to the vehicle locks being in place, the contents out of view, all portable tools locked in an appropriate storage container securely bolted to the fabric of the vehicle. Subject always to policy conditions ** Cover provided for up to £5,000 for any damage to items being worked up on to any customers vehicle
*subject to policy limits and conditions
Call Us on: 0330 058 0262
Benefits of insuring your tools with Chipsmart
- One single value to replace all of your tools and equipment*
- Part of an overall insurance policy covering the insurance requirements of your entire business
Fast claims settlement = back in business quicker! Without your business tools and equipment, life is going to be a little difficult as most are a bit specialist aren’t they? Many of the tools you use will be pretty useless to your average thief. Even if they don’t actually know what the tools are and probably don’t care anyway, they may be worth a fiver down the pub.
Physical protection at home or in your vehicle goes without saying but what about when something does happen to them? PDR Technician & SMART repairers insurance is all well and good, and yes you will get your tools replaced by the insurer, but good physical protection is a requisite.
Insuring your PDR and SMART repair business hand tools and equipment doesn’t cost the earth.
With Chipsmart we don’t insure your tools in isolation, they come as part of a package covering other sections as well. All we need to know is what the cost is to replace them as new.
Benefits of Road Risks Insurance with Chipsmart
- One single policy covering all your own and customers vehicles
- Cover for personal cars* and business vehicles
- No restrictions on vehicle groups on the policy (although we would like to know about High Performance vehicles)
Now with option to include Protected No Claims Bonus
Have maximum no claims discount or at least four years claim free? If you do we will include protected no claims bonus for you without additional cost. Being a mobile SMART repairer or PDR Technician,your vehicle is “your” business, without it you are more than just inconvenienced. Well actually you’re really going to struggle – if you can’t get to your customers then your competitors will! Getting your vehicle insurance done correctly is essential, it’s not just about being legal its much more than that.When you take out road risks insurance for your business it’s essential that you understand exactly what you are buying. There is always cheap in whatever you do, even in smart repair insurance, don’t jeopardise cover. Insurance from Chipsmart provides one policy covering your mobile business needs. . Consider these points – You need insurance that
- Covers your vehicle when on the road (an easy bit and the clue is in the name – Road Risks)
- Covers your vehicle whilst parked at your home premises (getting a little more difficult now)
- Not all Road Risks policies cover your vehicle when parked up at your home premises, these need to be covered separately. No need to worry though, with ChipSmart we wrap them all up together in one policy, so your vehicle is covered wherever its parked.
- Covers you to drive your customer’s vehicles – makes you legal.
We like to keep things simple. When you have road risks insurance with ChipSmart we tend not to be quite as nosy as others. We don’t ask you to tell us about every vehicle you have, (other than at the start of the policy and at renewal), and certainly don’t expect you to know when you should tell us based on car groups… there are over 50 car groups now and unless car groups are your hobby it’s unlikely you are going to know what car has what grouping. Who do you want to drive your vehicles? Like any road risks policy there will always be restrictions. These may be restricting the ages of drivers, applying additional excesses for younger drivers for instance. The things you would expect of any policy. At ChipSmart though, we try to tame restrictions as much as possible to benefit you and your business.
Benefits of insuring your Public Liability Insurance with Chipsmart
- £2million Public Liability Insurance for your smart repair business – more if you need it.
- Part of an overall insurance policy, covering all the insurance requirements of your business
Liability insurance is, well liability insurance isn’t it? You can get it from anywhere and it’s cheap. Well not exactly, the concept of public liability is the same throughout; it covers you for any damage you do to a third party – third party being someone or something else. ,P>This is the easy bit, it’s when it comes to getting the right cover that the fun begins. Take heat as an example, you probably think that you don’t use heat but if you use a heat gun/hot air blower for instance then this is heat as far as the insurer is concerned.
As standard, most Public Liability policies “off the shelf” will not automatically cover you for the use of heat, it has to be added in, in fact you may find that they automatically exclude the use of heat as standard. Your £70 quote has suddenly become £250! At ChipSmart we don’t do liability insurance in isolation so we don’t have these types of problems. All liability requirements are wrapped up in one policy covering all your business insurance essentials.
Don’t take the risk with liability insurance. It’s your business or more to the point it’s no longer your business if you get wrong. In simple terms damage someone or something and you will have to pay, there will be no insurer there to hold your hand so make sure you buy a product that is designed especially for your business. Something slightly more complex is Employers Liability insurance. This is a statutory requirement if you employ people. Don’t just think of employing someone as PAYE, it’s more than this and even includes voluntary people.